The Resolution Taco Recipe
We have been having a pretty cold winter in the midwest and while I love the taste of braised meats, chili, etc. I'm craving something fresh and citrus. Something about eating seafood and citrus makes me feel I'm doing good on my eating healthy resolution and the scent of oranges just makes me smile while I look at the gray skies. Recipe below.
The Resolution Taco
Yields 6 tacos
1 lb of salmon
2 tbsp of clarified butter
• 2 chopped scallions (green parts)
• 2 tsp capers (roughly chopped)
• ½ tsp fresh dill
• 2 tsp of chipotle powder
• 2 tsp of sweet chile (Asian section)
• ½ juice of meyer lemon
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 cup of baby spinach (roughly chopped)
• 1 cup of baby arugula (roughly chopped)
• 1 cup of romaine (chopped)
• 3 spring onions (only green chopped)
• 1 grapefruit cut in sections (all white off)
• 1 navel orange cut in sections (all white off)
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp Balsamic Glaze (available at Trader Joe’s) or high quality balsamic
• Salt to taste
• Cilantro Crema
• Bunch Cilantro
• 1 cup Mexican sour cream or a healthier options 1 cup of yogurt such as Fage and ½ cup of light sour cream
• ½ tsp garlic powder
• Salt to taste
Yoli Blue Corn Tortillas
Start by getting your components ready. Mix everything for your topping. In a separate bowl, make your topping dressing by mixing olive oil, balsamic and salt. Set aside.
With a blender, add all of your cilantro crema’s ingredients. Once blended, transfer to a container and set aside.
Take the skin off your salmon (tip you can always ask your fishmonger to do that when purchasing). Next cut your salmon in chunks. Mix the marinade in a non-reactive bowl and mix in the salmon. Make sure it’s all covered with the marinade and let it rest for 5 minutes.
Heat up clarified butter with a couple lemon peels. Add the salmon and cook about 3 minutes.
Lightly dress your greens and citrus toppings (don’t let it get soggy, so do 1 teaspoon at a time).
Heat up your tortillas.
Set a blue corn tortilla, spread 1-2 tsp of cilantro crema. Place chunks of salmon and add your greens and citrus topping. Sprinkle some capers.